Thursday, April 1, 2010

Breathe.

Two AM and I'm still awake, writing a song
If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you'll use them, however you want to.


I really love this line. I know exactly what she means about writing everything down so it's no longer inside of you, threatening you. I know it.
It's an anxious feeling. Excited.
But then again I always feel anxious.

My brother sent me a letter the other day. He's in Alaska.
At the end of the letter he had written down a scripture and told me to look it up.
He said: Don't put it off, look it up now.

So.
I did.

It said: Philippians 1:2-4
2 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy.

I loved it.
I've never been real into reading the bible. I believe in God; yes, with all of me I do.
But I still have my doubts about the bible.
Whether or not I believe it to be true, there are still so many things in it that bring me comfort.

For example: Mark 5:36
As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

Be not afraid, only believe.
This means so much to me.
Be not afraid of life; believe in myself.
Be not afraid of death; believe in God.
Be not afraid. Be not afraid. Be not afraid. Be not afraid.
Something I constantly have to remind myself. Be not afraid.

Only believe.
This little line fills me. It makes all my loose ends tie up; even if only for a moment. It's my comfort to look at that.

I'm not sure what this was. It just was; is. Just came out.
But now I'm done; for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment